Any journey in Thailand begins in Suvarnabhumi International Airport. Whether you will spend your holiday in Pattaya, Phuket or Koh Samui, your tourist route will go through Suvarnabhumi airport (BKK). It is the biggest airport in South-East Asia located in the eastern part of the city in a non-tourist district Lat Khrabang.
There are a few ways to get from Bangkok airport to Pattaya. We will compare them and review their advantages and disadvantages.
The ticket office is situated on the first floor of the airport between Exits 7 and 8. Big buses which have about 30 seats each, travel every hour from 07:00 to 22:00. A one-way ticket costs 120 THB per a person. If you are traveling with more than one suitcase, you might have to pay for each extra luggage place.
Arrives to: South bus station in Pattaya beside Foodmart. On its way a bus stops in the north of Pattaya near “the Dolphins”.
- comfortable air-conditioned bus;
- affordable price.
- available only from 07:00 to 22:00;
- transfer to the bus station only, you will have to get to the hotel on your own;
- you can’t book a ticket online.
Big comfortable buses travel every 2 hours from 08:00 to 18:00. The staff of the transport company will meet you with a sign on the first floor of the airport by Exit 7. On a bus you will get a bottle of drinking water. The price of the ticket (350 THB) includes transfer to most hotels and condos in Pattaya with changing buses at the north bus station. It is very convenient for many travelers because you often have a lot of luggage when getting from the airport to the hotel.
- transfer to the hotel in Pattaya;
- you can book a ticket online at the website.
- available only at certain hours, not available at nighttime;
- you will have to change buses at the bus station in Pattaya.
At any time of the day or night a taxi driver will be waiting for you on the second floor of the airport by Exit 3 holding a sign with your name. You can book a meeting at the airport in advance by telephone or through a booking form at the website. The driver accepts cash payments on the day of the trip.
It is always comfortable and convenient to use taxi service and the price might be lower if you share the trip with a company of friends. Simple maths: a minivan taxi costs 1399 THB which makes 350 THB per a person (which equals the price for a bus ticket). You don’t have to change buses, taxi is available at any time, direct transfer to your hotel.
- you can book a meeting at the airport for any time of day or night;
- you will travel by individual transport, you don’t have to change buses and wait while other passengers are taken to their hotels.
The price includes a road toll and you will travel on a highway which will take only 1,5 hours.
- comfortable and fast traveling costs money, the prices for taxi start from 1299 THB depending on the category of the car.